Ship from store vs ship from warehouses in ecommerce fulfillment
- With COVID and visible store closures, what do you think of the future of retail?
- Has this led you to double down on your digital strategy and what are some broad steps you’ve taken to do so? What are the implications for your business especially if you have a retail footprint?
- What does omnichannel mean for you – is it a buzzword or is it a viable business strategy? If yes, could you share broadly what your omnichannel strategy is and what metrics you use to measure its success?
- What sort of technology do you think is required to make omni-channel fulfilment work?
- Omnichannel is often discussed in relation to speed of delivery to the customer and flexibility of where the customer receives the order. (Considering the survey example below) is it imperative that businesses adapt to consumer preferences, even if it’s potentially at the expense of your margins?
- For example, in a survey conducted by BluJay in 2020, it found that more than 80% of respondents in all surveyed markets (AU, NZ, SG, MY, ID, PH, TH) are interested in same day delivery and that more than 30% of respondents in all markets but AU and SG are willing to pay for it.
- Ship from store – with foot traffic declining and staying low amid COVID restrictions, is adapting retail stores for BOPIS a viable strategy to sustain retail stores temporarily?