Technologies supporting the retail of tomorrow and reaching our customers effectively
Many technologies are being used today to support better retail exchanges. Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Retail, Virtual Reality & Personalisation are all being developed to deliver a better customer experience for users. This session will delve into the technologies of today and those that had to be adapted due to COVID & into the future
1. Prior to the pandemic, retailers had been effectively implementing new retail technologies to support their online & offline experience. Since the pandemic retailers have had to adopt almost entirely new retail technologies. What retail technologies has your business had to adopt for the changing retail landscape & what are the technologies of the future your operations now have to rely on?
2. Businesses are utilizing AI technologies to provide better customer experience online by helping, guiding, reminding, and presenting customers with personalised solutions through data collection. What are your thoughts about incorporating Artificial Intelligence as a tool to collect data within your business? Is the future of retail data collection solely in the hands of A.I? Are there other tools/methods your organisation is implementing?
3. Personalisation technologies have been relied upon to provide a much more tailored experience for consumers. eCommerce platforms such as Shopee, Lazada, Tokopedia, ZALORA, Amazon have embraced these. With the influx of personalisation technologies to retailers today, what is your company doing to stand out and to reach your targeted audience?
4. Retail marketing is no longer just about personalisation. The 4Ps (Product, Price, Place Promotion) that we are all somehow familiar with was stated that it is not as effective anymore. The 4Es (Engagement, Experience, Exclusivity, Emotion) is now the new approach to customer value proposition. What is your opinion on this new approach? Is your company’s marketing strategy also shifting or planning to shift towards this new approach? How do eCommerce marketplaces fit into DTC approaches and in-store?
5. Discuss the current issues affecting B2B & B2C retail spending today & what needs to be done today to make for a better retail buying experience tomorrow. If delegates can share issues from their own business this would be fantastic.